6 days | 55 miles Around Beautiful Lake Atitlan (We can increase or decrease the mileage as necessary.)
The standard adventure covers 55 miles in 6 days; however, the mileage can be increased or decreased to meet your needs. Shorter adventures, including one day tours, are also available. Please contact us directly for more information.
Saturday | Get Ready!
- Arrive at the Guatemala City Airport.
- Travel one hour in private shuttle to Antigua.
- Antigua has many historic sites, shopping, and restaurants, so arrive in Guatemala earlier if possible.
Sunday | 5 miles | Mostly Flat
- Enjoy an easy 5 mile guided run around beautiful, historic Antigua.
- Drive 2 hours in private shuttle to Panajachel, on the shores of Lake Atitlan.
Monday | 10 miles | Mild to Steep Hills
- Travel to San Antonio Palopo in private shuttle.
- Run from San Antonio Palopo to Panajachel via San Andres Semetabaj (9 miles).
- Travel in private boat from Panajachel to Santa Cruz.
- Run from Santa Cruz to Jaibalito along a gorgeous lakeside trail (1 mile).
Tuesday | 16 miles | Moderate hills, 6 mile ascent
- Continue on the lakeside trail to Tzununa and ascend 6 miles to San Jose Chacaya.
- Run the high ground to Santa Lucia Utatlan and then descend to the lake to San Marcos Laguna.
Wednesday | 11 miles | Moderate Hills + Difficult Ascent
- Travel in private boat to San Juan La Laguna (or run if you want) where we will catch the trail up to Maya Face. This is a gorgeous trail ending at a peak with amazing 360 degree views. The ascent is 1.5 miles and very rigorous.
- From the top of Maya Face, descend to the quaint village of Santa Clara and eat lunch in the town square.
- Run to two small neighboring villages (Palestina and Panyebar) before descending back down to the lake.
Thursday | 4 miles
- Head up the challenging trail to the San Pedro Volcano. At the top there are incredible views of the lake and other neighboring volcanoes.
- This is a shorter day (4 miles) but the trail is difficult.
- Travel in private boat to Panajachel.
Friday | 9 miles | Mostly Moderate Hills
- Head up the mountainside on the north-west side of Panajachel.
- Run around the mountain to Concepcion, then descend to the village of Tierra Linda and then down to the Panajachel River.
- Run through onion crops on a very fun and windy trail back to Panajachel.
Saturday | Travel Day
- Travel 3 hours in private shuttle to the Guatemala City Airport.
- Return home